Monday, October 19, 2009

Language

I find it very difficult to travel in Germany because all the train announcements are in German, without any English translation. I can’t understand the message and start to check for written announcement, notice board etc. Too bad, all are in German only.

When my train is delayed, I’m so worried and lost. I will never know if my train is being rescheduled, canceled or just changed of platform? I will never know. I asked the officer or public but they speak very limited English.

Same feeling when I was at Tokyo. The younger generation speaks better English yet less friendly, at the other hand, the seniors are very passionate to help out using both Japanese language and body language.

This happen again when I was at Americas. In Brazil, the Portuguese while Spanish in Chile and Mexico. I’m a dumb!!! Now I know how much I love English even though I speak broken English and wish to travel to Mandarin speaking countries.

I have a dream. I wish to use my language talent - Mandarin in my career. I can read, write and speak one of the upcoming most important language in the world! I should make full use of it in my business!

No comments:

Post a Comment