Monday, October 5, 2009

On my own way to Hamburg Lubeck Airport, Germany

After a few trips to UK and experiences in France and Holland, again, I stepped into Europe and this time, my destination was Germany. I flied in from London Stansted Airport to Hamburg Lubeck Airport that approximately took 1.5 hours.


I was quite relax because my wonderful friend, WT did all the enquiries with tourist information counter, reading the train map, finding out the bus route and time table, planning for the places to visit etc. But I felt the real stress when we said goodbye at Berlin bus station and I had to get myself to Hamburg Lubeck Airport by train. I made three stops for interchange at Messe Nord (1630) – Sudkreuz (1730) – Buchen (1930) – Lubeck (2000).

I dare not sleep. I was alert all the time so that I won’t miss the stops. I analyzed the train map to make sure I’m taking the right train. I memorized the train number, platform number and departure time in order to be on time at the right place. I was so stressful, worried, tension and not fun at all. That wasn’t what I want for a holiday and my white hair was growing because of that. Furthermore, I can’t speak nor read German. If something bad happen, I might miss my flight to pay off the expensive lesson learnt. At that moment, I strongly felt how important WT is and so nice to have a travel partner like WT with me.


Well, the train arrived at Lubeck Airport Station and a few passengers went down the train. I couldn’t see the station signboard and I was in my nap mode. Inside the train, there were still a lot of passengers with big bags and luggages. I assumed that the station was not Lubeck Airport Station. The train stared to move again… a girl sitting in front of me told me that the station was Lubeck Airport Station!!! And we were now heading to the next station - Lubeck City Center!!!


I planned to take a taxi from Lubeck City Center Station to Lubeck Airport Station. Thank God the girl suggested a better idea. She asked me to take the next train from Lubeck City Center Station back to Lubeck Airport Station that take around 15 minutes only. Waited for the next train and finally I made it to Lubeck Aiport and flied back to London via Ryan Air.

No comments:

Post a Comment